Every Good Friday we join our dear friends for their family fish and chip dinner and it has become one of the highlights of our Easter celebrations. The first year we attended this dinner I made a chocolate trifle and it was such a huge success that I’ve been making it ever since. It’s now part of the dinner tradition, and I daren’t show up without it.
This dessert is very inexpensive, easy to make and feeds a large crowd. The recipe is below and I hope you give it a try for your Easter dinner this year. I’m sure it will become a family favourite.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix.
- 2 boxes (87g box) of Dr. Oetker, Shirriff instant chocolate mousse.
- 1 473 mL carton of fresh whipping cream.
- 1 cup of Skor bar pieces (purchase from Bulk Barn it’s cheaper).
Bake the chocolate cake in two round pans the night before to allow time to completely cool.
Whip chocolate mousse according to the instructions on the box.
In a separate bowl, whip the whipped cream.
- Take a clear glass bowl and layer the chocolate cake on the bottom.
- Add a layer of chocolate mousse.
- Add a layer of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of Skor bars.
Refrigerate for a few hours to set and enjoy! DELICIOUS!!!!